If you have been using hair care with Silicone Derivatives or harsh detergents and you switch to a natural shampoo alternative, you may go through a period of “detox” also known as a "Healing Crisis." Some of these alternatives may be Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse or my favorite, The Radiantly You Shampoo Bars. Hair Detox is when your hair and scalp go through a period of adjustment in which your natural oils and the natural function of your hair is restored all while removing the silicone or peraben build-up in your hair. The health of your hair and scalp is usually corrected within a couple weeks to a month or more depending on what products you previously used and your hair type. Previous damage such as split ends cannot be reversed, so I suggest a haircut or trim. Using Radiantly You Shampoo Bars, you will never have to use conditioner again! Please take note, just because a product claims to be natural and organic it does not mean it natural or organic. Products that are Certified Organic are only required to use 70% organic ingredients. I have a rule of thumb when buying products, "I have to be able to pronounce ALL the ingredients!"
Symptoms Of Detox and Ways To Get Through It!
- Tangled Hair- Mix a solution of 1 part apple cider vinegar to 2 parts water in a spray bottle. Use in the shower after using your shampoo bar as a leave in conditioner. Vinegar smell will be gone after hair dries. After detox this step won’t be necessary.
- Oily Build Up- To get through the stage of oily build up, add a tablespoon of baking soda to your shampoo lather. This will help break down the waxy buildup!
- Dry, Dull or Staticy- Once again the vinegar and water solution and baking soda lather will help with this. Use your choice of Radiantly You Whipped Body Butter to add shine and prevent static!
- Shedding- Hair that has been trapped in follicles from oil and wax build up will be releasing, which is a great sign that the detox process is starting. This should only last a couple of days. Hair may also shed more if you are having problems with tangling.
- Color Loss- If you color your hair, you may go through a process of losing some hair color or have color fading. This is nothing to be alarmed by! Color will attach itself to waxy build up rather than the hair strand. As the waxy buildup comes out, so will the color that is attached to it. Great news is, this will ensure your future hair colors to fully penetrate your hair rather than just color the waxy buildup, resulting in less color fading!
For more information contact IWG Jeannie @ firstname.lastname@example.org